(Links will take you to places you can purchase the book and some of the ingredients. I may receive a small commission if you purchase using these links, but it won’t increase your costs.)
I was given a copy of Awaken, 30+ Egg Free & Grain Free Breakfasts to review. It’s a smaller cookbook, but has some nice recipes in it with beautiful photography. She has some ideas for chia seeds, recipes for sausage using chicken or pork, and some smoothie recipes.
My favorite recipe from this cookbook was the cinnamon cereal. My daughter eats it like cereal with almond milk. I prefer to use it as a granola type of topping for my yogurt.
Click here to buy the cookbook Current price is just $5.99
Cinnamon Cereal and Greek Yogurt
This recipe is for four servings.
- ⅔ cup almond flour (150 mL)
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts (150 mL) (I used pecans and walnuts)
- ⅓ cup golden flax meal (75 mL)
- ½ cup equivalent granular sweetener (125 mL) (I used golden Lankanto)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (15 mL)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp water (30 mL)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C).
- Combine the almond flour, nuts, golden flax seed meal, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Add the coconut oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated and crumbles form.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn off the oven.
- Stir the mixture lightly (trying not to break any of the crumbles) and return the pan to the oven and let sit for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Place the cereal in a bowl and serve with dairy free milk of choice (unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened coconut milk, etc.).
Please follow and like us: